Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome to The Paper Chase

Welcome to The Paper Chase. My name is Tom Bress, and I'm a certified LabVIEW developer working for the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. I am also pursuing my PhD in Mechanical Engineering on my own time. I am also pursuing the LabVIEW Architect certification as well as the National Instruments Professional Instructor certification. Throw in a Professional Engineer's license and you'll see that I'm an old hand at the paper chase.

I recently gave a presentation about the certification process at NI Week '08. It sparked a number of interesting conversations with fellow LabVIEW programmers, as well as with NI employees. I created this blog as a way of continuing that conversation with the broader LabVIEW community.

Most blogs start with an initial burst of enthusiasm, leading off with a flurry of posts. Then they settle down to slower but steady stream of posting until they finally make the transition from "web page" to "cobweb page". The author then makes a tearful exit, leaving only the archive behind like the ruins of an ancient statue lying buried in the sand. I am Ozymandius, look upon my blog and despair!

This is the model that I intend to follow. So enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: